Plans and directs the Lowe's National Accounts sales team operations. Ensures that Lowe's sales and profit objectives are achieved. Identifies and secures new business opportunities within Lowe's. Provides Lowe's with superior sales & customer service support. May supervise the activities of other account managers or field service employees.
Key Result Areas:
1. Budget and Expense Control
• Works with the SVP of National Accounts to forecast and prepare sales quotas and sales plans for the Lowe's account. Ensures that the sales team grows profitable sales.
• Utilizes customer POS & Inventory data to effectively manage and grow Hillman categories.
• Conducts quarterly customer business update to review POS data, identify SKU rationalization opportunities and new item replacements.
• Performs line reviews and annual business reviews with existing accounts.
• Travels frequently in North America. Observes local traffic regulations and follows safe driving practices.
2. Manage Performance Metrics
• Develops and implements the Lowe's business plan for the National Accounts group, including profit and loss, operations, budget forecasting, and sales goals.
• Develops annual and multi-year sales strategies to meet sales and organic growth targets.
• Works with customer and Hillman sales & service staff to set up program details for new business. Acts as the site liaison for roll-outs.
• Maintains a current knowledge of the company's products and Field Service operations.
• Assists the Field Service Department with the development and maintenance of account procedures.
3. Employee and Leadership Development
• Works with marketing staff to develop and implement promotional programs, design and create plan-o-grams, and acts as the logistics liaison for special events.
• Monitors store openings and closings; establishes logistics with the appropriate Hillman staff.
• Organizes and attends trade shows and conventions.
• Knows and follows the company's human resources policies and procedures. Adheres to applicable employment laws.
• Communicates regularly with sales staff to provide information, answer questions, and assist with issues.
• Develops and maintains solid working relationships with all Lowe's internal & external associates.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Four years related experience working with “big box” accounts. Demonstrated success selling national customers.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Hillman product lines and Field Service operations.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Lowe's Vendor Dart system.
• Excellent sales, presentation, and negotiation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers.
• Able to develop and manage forecasts, budgets, and marketing plans.
• Able to lead and motivate employees by guiding, training, and offering counsel.
• Able to travel overnight frequently. Maintains a valid driver license.
• Bachelor's degree in business or a related field.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.