High School diploma or GED equivalent, or combination of education and experience is required.
- Six months of customer service experience is required; Call Center experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills, e.g. email, spreadsheets, etc. is required; Ability to learn in-house software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills; Able to work with a variety of personalities and maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Able to type 45 wpm.
- Able to effectively locate, communicate, and document information.
- Fastener experience is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Organizational Awareness
- Core Competencies: Each level should be inclusive of the levels below it. For example, a person demonstrating Level 2 competencies is also expected to demonstrate Level 1 competencies.
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of the organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's primary competitors.
- Can describe the organization's core products, and services.
- Understands department's core functions, and capabilities.
- Understands how the job contributes to departmental goals, and key performance indicators.
- Complies with basic organizational policies, and regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the strategic direction of the organization.
Planning and Results Orientation
- Meets performance expectations.
- Effectively complete tasks associated with role.
- Utilizes the resources available to them.
- Prioritizes work to deliver objectives on time, and to the highest standard.
- Follows direction, and seeks clarification when required.
- Accurately interprets the elements of a project plan.
- Brings forward any obstacles, or challenges to work completion in a timely manner.
- Responsive to customer requests.
- Uses listening, and questioning to determine customer needs.
- Promptly and accurately addresses customer inquiries and concerns.
- Keeps customers up to date, and well informed.
- Brings forward customer service incidents, and concerns.
- Takes pride in delivering high quality service.
- Adheres to standards of professionalism in all work situations.
- Voluntarily takes on additional work responsibilities.
- Has high expectations of self, and others.
- Demonstrates commitment to their job.
Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Actively listens, and learns through observation.
- Uses clear and precise language.
- Is open, and approachable.
- Uses a positive, and constructive tone
- Demonstrates interest in the thoughts, and feelings of others.
- Demonstrates awareness of the different needs of different audiences.
- Considers potential responses of others before speaking, or acting.
- Suspends judgment on the opinions of others until after they are fully expressed.
- Asks clarifying questions.
- Demonstrates self-control in stressful situations.
- Builds a friendly and professional rapport with colleagues.
Problem-solving and Decision-making
- Alerts others to possible problems in a timely way.
- Seeks support to solve problems.
- Offers possible solutions to solve problems.
- Actively contributes to evaluation of possible solutions to problems.
- Acts on solutions selected, and decisions made as directed.
- Makes effective decisions about how to complete work tasks.
- Understands role on the team, and associated responsibilities, and accountabilities.
- Treats team members with respect.
- Contributes to achievement of team goals, and objectives.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Contributes to team decisions.
Creativity and Innovation
- Engages in departmental discussions to improve processes, and outputs.
- Recognizes novel ideas.
- Generates ideas.
- Open to new ideas.
Flexibility and Managing Uncertainty
- Respects the ideas of others.
- Open to changing processes, practices, and direction.
- Adapts to change, and uncertainty with limited stress.
- Participates in initiatives designed to prepare for change.
Continuous Professional Development
- Understands the knowledge and skills required to perform better in current role.
- Actively seeks opportunities to learn new knowledge, and skills.
- Accepts, and acts on constructive criticism.
- Vigilant at identifying mistakes, addressing them in a timely manner, and learning from them.
- Engages supervisor in discussions about opportunities for improvement and taking on additional responsibilities.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.