Analyze Supply Chain Management requirements:
- Collaborate on sales forecast with Demand Planners, supply schedules, and sales history to determine material delivery requirements for designated skus to achieve fill rate targets of 98%.
- Consults the planning system (GAINS) to make a variety of planning and purchasing decisions.
- Control PO placement and track delivery to optimize inventory levels and acquisition costs (PPV).
- Support commodity monitoring and reporting.
- Manage vendor relationship as directed by Sourcing staff and defined by contract.
Inventory Levels & Customer Service:
- Maintain Company and Customer fill rate requirements at 98%.
- Responsible to hit inventory targets as set up in Planning System.
- Review Daily outs reports to ensure recovery plan is in place.
- Manage Vendor Purchases on scheduled frequency (weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Review Negative Pipe (projected shortages) Report daily and take corrective action, and communicating through Operations team on opportunity plan
- Managing purchasing plan recommendations in correlation with inventory turns to properly manage inventory levels.
- Managing expedites and deferrals on Purchase Orders to manage gaps in supply, or excess inventory position.
- Reviews and maintains purchasing forecasts.
- Manage and update master data (MOQ, lead time, etc.) to maintain planning system integrity.
- Maintain a current knowledge of company products and quality specifications.
- Address and resolve quality discrepant material / pricing issues within cycle time guidelines.
- Review buyer scorecards by Vendor to hold them accountable for their items and shipments.
- Work with Buying Agent in Asia regularly to manage vendor quality and performance metrics.
- Be aware & support departmental activities to eliminate risk of injury.
- Knows and follows the corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Other essential functions:
- Generates and places purchase orders for a variety of goods.
- Work in tactical teams to meet the operational objectives of the company.
- Communicates with suppliers and Hillman staff to ensure understanding and alignment.
- Accurately documents all transactions in the automated purchasing and inventory control system.
- Works with project teams to outline cost, quality, and delivery specifications for new products.
- Maintain knowledge of company policies, operations, market trends, and US customs regulations.
- Travel domestically or internationally as needed.