Training / Development – Improve performance and capabilities of assigned sales team
- Train and develop skill competency levels of assigned TSMs and sales team:
- Selling and presentation skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Hillman product and program knowledge.
- Merchandising skills, Plan-o-gram tool skills.
- Computer skills with use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Use of Hillman portal programs and reports.
- Customer relationship building skills.
- Continue to pursue professional self-development.
- Plans and conducts sales and training meetings.
Management and Supervision- Ensures proper management and supervision of TSMs and processes.
- Forecasts sales and develops plans for market penetration and growth opportunities.
- Adjusts resources as needed to accomplish sales and profit objectives.
- Communicates directly to TSM team, RSM, and Director of Traditional Sales.
- Completes all required business report requirements.
- Interviews applicants and selects new employees.
- Enforces and follows all company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Conducts regularly scheduled visits with TSM team members.
- Complies with all safety requirements and reporting.
- Assists RSM and Director of Traditional Sales as directed.
Performance Accountability – Holds TSMs accountable for achieving the company’s sales goals
- Conducts informal performance audits of TSM team.
- Monitors sales and call frequency requirements.
- Monitors and reviews all TSM activities.
- Conducts mentoring and coaching of TSM team.
- Conducts Performance for Improvement counseling and discipline.
- Manage district within approved budget and continue to seek cost saving improvements.
Leadership – Direct responsibility and supervision of assigned Field Sales Management team.
- Exemplifies and fosters teamwork.
- Monitors competition to identify trends and opportunities.
- Responds to all concerns and issues promptly to ensure confidence within TSM team.
- Develops a positive culture within the region and the organization.
- Works closely with corporate staff coordinating plans and projects.
- Develops new programs that will enhance our market growth in sales and profits.
Co-op Account and VIP Account Responsibility – Maintain and develop Co-op and VIP accounts.
- Manage and develop assigned co-op account responsibilities.
- Conduct Co-op line reviews as requested.
- Schedule regular visits to review Co-op program and develop plans.
- Communicate Co-op activities to VP of Traditional Sales.
- Cultivate a strong working relationship with Co-op field teams.
- Manage and develop assigned VIP account responsibilities.
- Schedule regular visits to review VIP program and develop plans.
- Conduct program reviews and updates as needed.
- Complete all VIP reporting requirements
- Communicate VIP information to sales and management teams.
Safety – Incorporate safety into every aspect of how business is conducted.
- Supports all safety polices/procedures as required by law and Company policy.
- Conducts safety observations relating to job requirements and provides feedback to management.
- Reports all safety incidents in a timely manner.
- Knows and follows the corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Provides and maintains a clean and safe work environment.