Perform, monitor, and assign work duties to warehouse personnel, prioritized and established by the Area Manager, to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency. Drive a culture of safety, be self-motivated, with good organizational and team-building skills, and achieve high level results by embracing continuous improvement methodologies.
· Communicates with Area Manager to determine priorities, observes work-in-progress, and advises Area Manager of issues
· Serves as a resource to team members – answers questions and resolves operating problems
· Demonstrates “role model” work habits and fosters teamwork within the department
· Enhances team morale – discusses issues and suggestions with Area Manager and follows up with team members.
· Conducts on-the-job training and provides constructive feedback to employees
· Continually seeks opportunities to improve department operations
· Encourages team members to maintain a clean and organized work environment
· Follows safety policies and procedures; reports unsafe conditions to Area Manager
· Is willing to be cross trained as a lead in other departments
· Performs other duties as assigned