Corporate inventory turns and fill rates for manufactured LNS and keys – maintaining the required level of prescribed inventory turns and customer fill rates.
- Review inventory levels and safety stock at Hillman distribution centers and schedules the manufacture of product to meet specified ship dates.
- Reviews various reports to facilitate the transfer of product to the Hillman distribution centers and tracks shipments.
- Reviews large customer orders for inventory availability and possible production schedule changes.
- Advises appropriate individuals when component availability or production capacity problems place inventory levels at risk.
- Attends production and sales meetings to keep abreast of unusual product demands.
Efficient scheduling of the LNS and key production areas for maximum operational efficiency
- Analyzes MPS/MRP reports and verifies production/packaging requirements for priority sequencing.
- Reviews component inventories and verifies availability prior to scheduling.
- Coordinates the production capacity of individual work centers with the Manufacturing staff and adjusts planned quantities and priorities accordingly.
- Publishes prioritized daily, weekly, and monthly production schedules by work center.
- Works with buyers to expedite or reschedule raw material due dates and quantities.
Reviews long-range capacity plans for the production areas
- Generates monthly production capacity plans for the manufacturing areas to determine labor requirements and to effectively level load the manufacturing areas.
- Generates long-range planning schedules to facilitate machine maintenance.
- Generate annual capacity plans for the manufacturing areas to assist on labor requirements for the annual budget process.
- Generates inventory and demand reports for management review.