Research and Locate Sources for Goods and Services
- Researches and locates sources for new goods.
- Negotiates with suppliers to secure appropriate cost, schedule, quality, payment, and delivery terms.
- Evaluates quotes and selects suppliers.
- Continually seeks improved sources for materials, supplies, and services.
- Purchases goods from international suppliers.
Analyze Supply Chain Management requirements
- Reviews sales forecasts, production schedules, and manufacturing history to determine material requirements for designated items.
- Consults the automated planning system to make a variety of planning and purchasing decisions.
- Determines re-order points for non-Material Requirement Planning (MRP) items.
- Tracks manufacturing and inventory activity and works with Hillman staff to minimize inventory levels and costs.
- Works with Hillman staff to outline cost, quality, and delivery specifications for new items.
Purchase Goods and Services
- Generates and places purchase orders for a variety of goods. Follows up with suppliers and Hillman staff to ensure required delivery.
- Accurately documents all transactions in the automated purchasing system.
- Orders maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) and point of purchase materials as needed.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with suppliers. Monitors supplier performance and addresses issues as needed.
Special Activities and Teams
- Participation on continuous improvement teams.
- Completes import paperwork as required by US customs.
- Works with Hillman staff to develop solutions for receiving, accounts payable, discrepant material, and engineering issues.
- Participates in the Material Review Board committee.
- Maintains a current knowledge of company products, manufacturing operations, and market trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.